Why Should I Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Extension in Project Management Software?
Adobe Creative Cloud is a set of services and applications offered by Adobe Systems that gives subscribers access to software solutions used for graphic design, video editing, web development, and photography. It also includes a set of mobile applications and some optional cloud services at an additional cost.
The Adobe Creative Cloud extension is an integration that can link your Adobe Creative Cloud account with your project management software. Unfortunately, not all services can support this integration. If your team uses Adobe Creative Cloud or may adopt it in the future, it’s important to choose a solution that offers the extension.
Why use Adobe Creative Cloud
Creative Cloud is a world-class app and service for design, including:
- Web design
The solution is targeted at all knowledge levels and includes built-in tutorials and templates designed to help beginners advance their skills.
There’s a suite of video and audio tools that enable you to edit footage and add graphics and effects such as animation. Plus, it works on both your computer and mobile devices.
Creative Cloud has apps and design tools for everything from photo editing and image compositing to digital painting, website design, 3D, and augmented reality. You can use it to create company logos, client posters, digital ads, product packaging, and more.
With Creative Cloud, you’re able to use some of the world’s best photography tools to create photos and images. Plus, you can easily organize, edit, share, and store your full-resolution images from anywhere.
You also gain access to Adobe Photoshop to help you transform your images into anything you want.
If your team does web design, you can use Creative Cloud's web and UX design tools to build modern, responsive web pages, without prior coding knowledge.
You can also quickly and easily design and prototype websites, mobile apps, and even the next generation of experiences, such as voice-powered devices and wearables.
Some of the features of Adobe Creative Cloud include:
- Professional video and film editing
- The ability to create and share online videos and stories
- Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Animation of 2D characters in real-time
- Audio recording, mixing, and restoration
- Image editing and compositing
- Vector graphics and illustration
- Page design and layout for digital and print publishing
- Creation of expressive drawings and paintings using natural drawing tools
- Ability to turn images into color themes, vector graphics, patterns, and more
- Image editing and compositing
- Design, prototype, and share user experiences
- Design and develop modern, responsive websites
- Create video stories and web pages in minutes
- Search and license millions of high-quality assets inside your apps
- Gain access to thousands of fonts
- Create and customize your own portfolio website
- Showcase and discover great creative work
Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps gives you access to the company's full suite of creative software for desktop and mobile. You get industry-standard image editor Photoshop, vector graphics editor Illustrator, video editor Premiere Pro, and much more.
Why integrate Creative Cloud with your project software
When you integrate Adobe Creative Cloud with your project management software, you gain greater visibility and efficiency without disrupting your team’s creativity. By integrating your project management solution, your team can easily keep you updated on the project, make comments, log changes, and progress tasks, all without leaving their creative tool.
Adobe is a great product and the company is always innovating. Making that seamless transition from the project management system to the creative process is vital for creative teams.
Some valuable integration features include:
- Ability to receive creative briefs within your project software: With the extension, you can click into your project software directly from the Creative Cloud to review a task description quickly or copy and paste asset copy.
- Capacity to update job statuses while working without switching tools: The less you need to toggle between apps and tools, the more efficient you become. Integration allows you to centralize data and avoid the duplication of work, requests, and reports.
- Increased collaboration with team members and stakeholders: When you no longer have to adjust your PDF settings, export to desktop, start an email, attach the asset, and send it, you can share files and collaborate more than ever. From an operations standpoint, transparency and visibility can be significantly increased as you can quickly pull reports for executives and communicate the kind of work you’re doing.
- Ability to attach previews of your Adobe projects to tasks and folders within your project system and to quickly open files linked to tasks within your software: You can read and reply to comments directly related to design work, and easily update and track different versions of your attachments.
- Capacity to submit assets for approval and have them linked to tasks to flow through your pre-determined project workflows: Have you ever received a video, image, or design product for review and had no idea what task or even project it was for? By linking design products directly to tasks, you’ll never have to question what a piece of work relates to or why it’s been sent to you.
- Ability to view proofing markups within your project management software: Creatives work on designs in Adobe Creative Cloud and then can upload them to the project management software. Reviewers can then individually mark up any changes they want or mark as approved right within the system. If changes are requested, the designer can easily see what adjustments need to be made and then quickly upload a new proof until a final version is approved.
- Consolidated feedback and a clear audit trail: Without integration, you'd have to search through emails and may have to group feedback from many different sources. With the integration, feedback is all in one place.