VII. Project Management Resources & Training
Because the landscape of project management is constantly shifting, with new technologies emerging and new methodologies popping up, it can get confusing for newcomers to the field.
We’ve collected links to resources right here to help you find the best training, access the most useful books, and get inspired by the wisdom of leaders.
1. Project Management Training
Where can you go to get the training you need to make sense of the project management field? Below are links to articles on online courses, certification, and degrees related to project management.
- 20 Online Training Resources for Project Managers
- Making the Most of Project Management Courses
- Getting a Master’s Degree in Project Management: To Do or Not To Do
- Do Agile Project Managers Need to Be Certified?
- Trends in IT Project Management for 2015
2. Project Management Books
The best way to quickly learn a new skill is to read up on it. Below are links to articles on management and business books that can help you dive deeper into the science and art of leading a project to success.
- 23 Project Management Books for All Experience Levels
- 15 Books Every Manager Should Read
- 5 Best Project Management Books for Beginners and Accidental Project Managers
- 5 Inspiring Productivity Tips from the Book Manage Your Day-to-Day
- 20 Must-Read Books for Product Managers & Product Marketers
3. Leadership Inspiration
If you’re ready to learn more about how to successfully manage a complex startup or project, hire a great team, prove you’re a worthy leader, or just further develop your leadership and management skills, skip the extra Googling and read these articles:
- 30 Startup Founders Share Their Entrepreneurship Advice
- 15 Project Management Quotes to Live By (Infographic)
- 31 Quotes About Launching a Startup (Infographic)
- 9 Podcasts for Project Managers on the Go
- Boss vs. Leader: The Never-Ending Battle Between Power and Leadership (Infographic)
- Company Culture: Why it Matters and How to Get it Right
- Top 10 Reasons Startups Fail (Infographic)
- Collaborate to Win: Why Every Company Needs a Culture of Collaboration (Slideshare)
Your ongoing education in the field of project management is now in your hands. With the resources listed on this page as well as the remaining contents of this Project Management Guide, you have all the necessary concepts and tools to get you going.
But in case there are still technical terms and concepts that are confusing, our last three sections of the guide give you a glossary of project management terms, a section for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and a discussion on PMI and PMBOK. Read on!