What Are Go-To-Market Tactics?
Every company wants its product launch to be successful. They may use multiple ways to grow, but all of them share one common element — the go-to-market strategy. This defines how they place their product in front of its intended audience.
If you don’t use the right go-to-market tactics, you’re likely to spin your wheels without getting anywhere.
This can be a common scenario, especially if you’re trying to break into the market or launch a new product. That’s why we’re diving deeper into go-to-market tactics that can power your current and future marketing objectives.
Go-to-market tactics definition
Go-to-market tactics are planned activities that promote a product or service to achieve a specific marketing goal.
These tactics are carefully crafted to align with an organization’s broader marketing and SEO strategy and overall business vision. Go-to-market tactics are focused on:
- Launching a new product or service in the market
- Introducing an existing product or service to a new geography or audience
- Supporting a relaunch of a current product or service
What are the different kinds of go-to-market tactics?
Go-to-market tactics evolve constantly. Teams cannot just “set it and forget it.” They implement the tactics, measure results, and make the necessary adjustments.
We’ve compiled a list of go-to-market tactics that can fit in your marketing strategy:
- Paid content placements on social media, websites, or publications such as Facebook Ads and YouTube Ads
- Paid brand representation or sponsorship for an event, webinar, or podcast
- Positive reviews from a celebrity or influencer
- Sending targeted emails to existing or potential customers
- Showcasing the product in offline tradeshows and exhibitions
- Creating and publishing targeted content for promoting the new product or service
- Conducting pre-launch product challenges on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat
- Producing short-form informational videos for customers on how to use their product or service
- Video testimonials from existing customers
- Engaging with potential customers on online communities such as Quora
Never choose a marketing tactic just because it’s easy to implement, but the tactics that fit your overall go-to-market goals.
Bringing a product to market need not be complicated. Add powerful go-to-market tactics to your overall strategy and grow your company with a planned and meaningful approach.
Get a free Wrike trial to see how you can analyze the market, monitor progress, and execute your GTM tactics effortlessly.