Welcome to the Friday Work Management Roundup, where we bring together the week's best reads on productivity and work. This week, we feature articles on how to build an internal creative agency, earn a 4-day workweek, unlock new ideas, and meditate for creativity. Not to mention many more lifehacks and work tips. Read on!
Build a World-Class Internal Creative Agency (Wrike): A free ebook and a comprehensive guide to finding the right talent, and building your creative team into a true strategic partner within your organization — not just "the people who design the website."
Convince Your Boss to Give You Every Friday Off (FastCoExist): A 4-day work week is possible — but you'll have to do a little convincing to get Fridays off forever and make sure you bring your A game to the office.
Unlock New Ideas (Fast Company): 10 ultra-creative people share their secrets to unlocking new ideas, from uncovering past experiences to constant trial-and-error.
Transform Your Day with Meditation (Fast Company): Can meditation really lead you to more fruitful creativity? An initially skeptical writer tested the waters, and now she's talking about how it worked for her and how she hopes to make it a daily habit.
Open All the Links For Your Project in One Click (Cloud Coach): A really simple browser trick! Save a set of sites that you use frequently into a folder of bookmarks, then open them with just one click with this quick tip.
Engage Employees More Fully (When I Work): A good list of activities that will be sure to fully engage your employees, including: parties, trainings, learning lunches, and more.
More Work Management Reads:
- The Project Management Guide for Beginners (Wrike)
- What Happens to Your Brain When You Eat Junk Food (And Why We Crave It) (James Clear)
- The billion-dollar aphorisms of Ray Dalio, who built the world’s biggest hedge fund by running it like a cult (New York)
- How an Accidental Email Sent to 33,000 People Created a 'Reply All' Nightmare (Entrepreneur)
- 25 Quotes Leaders Read Daily To Motivate Themselves (Employee Scheduling Pro)
- Finally Reach Inbox Zero: 4 Expert Solutions for Your Email Personality (Sidekick)
- 100 Fresh Blogs for Creative Professionals to Follow (Creative Boom)
Follow "Social Project Management" on Flipboard
If you use Flipboard on your mobile device, then follow our magazine Social Project Management for links to project management technology, PM techniques, and tips on collaboration and team management.