Set Up Your Request Form
This template provides a sample request form with basic fields. The form can be accessed by users in your account from the green + button at the top of the workspace. Share the form with anyone (even if they're not in your Wrike account) by creating an external link. Once the form is filled out and submitted, a new task will appear in your Ticketing & Helpdesk project.
Request forms can be customized in Account Management.
Manage Incoming Tickets
- The Ticketing & Helpdesk template contains three sample subfolders for categorizing incoming tickets: IT, Product, and Service. All new issues land in the parent folder as tasks and can later be tagged into subfolders.
- Go to the List view to see task details or double-click tasks in other views to access their details.
- Use the + next to a task's status to select an assignee. If that person is not a Wrike user, invite them by entering their email. The task is assigned as soon as they join.
This template contains sample tasks and folders for context. You can rename, remove, or add sections to the folder structure at any time.
By default, everything in the shared folder is visible to all regular users in your account. If a task isn't shared, assign it to someone to automatically share the task with them.
Work on Tasks and Review Progress
Switch between subfolders to review progress for each ticket category, or use one of Wrike's work views to view the same set of tasks from a different perspective. The Board view is the default view for subfolders in this template. It shows tasks organized in columns by status. Use the Board view to:
- See what tasks you need to work on
- Track task status
- Change task status by dragging and dropping tasks from one column to another
- Create new tasks
Depending on your process complexity, you may want to use a different work view (List, Table, Timeline, etc). To switch the default view:
- Right-click the Ticketing & Helpdesk project.
- Hover over Set default view.
- Select the appropriate view.
This template also includes a sample dashboard and report. Find relevant tabs in the monitoring panel at the top of your workspace for a customizable overview of ongoing or completed work.