What Are the Best Collaboration Tools for Students?
Online collaboration tools for students make learning easier and more accessible to students from anywhere. They can meet peers in online forums, share lessons, and learn in exciting ways. This opens them to new experiences and helps to build knowledge, empathy, and new relationships.
Essential features of collaboration tools for students
Collaborative tools provide a centralized workspace for students to organize, access, and share learning resources. These tools may have multiple functions, such as collaboration, project management, and communication, or may fulfill only a single purpose.
Depending on your personal and school needs, you can choose the right one for you. Below are a few essential features to look for in collaboration tools for students:
- Communication: Communication features are essential for chatting, sharing updates, building relationships, and disseminating knowledge between students, peers, and teachers.
- Search functionalities: Search functionalities make it possible to retrieve specific information easily.
- Access controls and permissions: Access controls allow students to share and access files and documents in a safe environment. Permission levels allow tiered access (e.g., view-only or comment-only) to open programs, enter discussions, and use resources.
- Cloud-based storage: Collaborations tools with cloud-based storage enable easy access to and sharing of files, documents, and digital assets wherever there's an internet connection.
- Security: Good security features ensure student data and web activities are protected from hackers and malware.
Collaboration tools for students
There are many good collaboration tools for students. These include:
Wrike’s software provides a collaborative work platform for students to plan, execute, and manage their learning projects with high-grade security. Teachers can use it to assign work, track progress, and provide specific feedback and ideas.
Wrike provides visibility into project work, creating a trusted system for teachers and students to stay updated on what's been done and what's coming up in a timeframe. Everyone can retrieve the information they need to get work done.
Google's cloud collaboration tools, which include Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Calendar, provide a rich stack of collaboration tools students can use to further their learning experience. Google Workspace also includes Chat, Gmail, and Hangouts, making it possible for anyone with an internet connection to stay in the loop, easily collect feedback, and work together in real time. Google's tools also make it easy to track changes and version history, helping student teams monitor contributions and reward high-performers.
Classcraft is a collaborative educational role-playing game. Students and teachers work together to create a unique and personalized classroom experience. Teachers can set remote behavior expectations and provide a code of conduct for students to follow and stay engaged with their classwork. Classcraft's messaging features encourage collaboration amongst students. The software sends regular reminders to join classes and track learning progress.