The guide will show you how to:
- Develop a meeting agenda
- Record all relevant meeting information
- Share meeting notes
- Ensure action items are followed up
Create your meetings and agenda
Start by creating a parent folder in Wrike named "Meeting minutes." Within this parent folder, create a task for each meeting you hold. Title each task with the name of the meeting and date. The description area within the task is where you’ll structure your agenda. Begin by writing:
- Meeting name
- All Invited and/or in attendance
Make sure to tag your meeting notes into any project folders that the meeting is related to for easy access and context.
Craft your agenda
What is the purpose of this meeting? Be specific. Create a new heading for the meeting agenda. List any objectives or main talking points. Click in the task description to bring up formatting tools. Click on the tasklist icon to create a checkbox next to each agenda item. As you conduct your meeting, check off each item to ensure it was properly covered.
Recording the meeting minutes
Create a new header for the meeting minutes. Divide it into four sections:
- Discussion topics
Summarize all relevant discussion points here. List any opportunities, issues, or concerns.
- Main takeaways
What were the main insights? Were any key decisions made? Record those details here.
- Action items
What needs to be done now? Who is responsible? Identify next steps, who's completing them, and when they should be done by. After the meeting concludes, use this section to create and assign tasks to specific team members.
Write the next meeting date or milestone here. It’s important to set a time to reconvene to ensure progress and follow-through.
Filter meetings through specific custom fields
To track specific tags for your meetings, like location, chairperson, and other details, you can use custom fields.
When data is entered in a custom field, it’s visible in the Table view, Task view, and folder and project info panels. Use share settings to keep custom field data private, or share fields with teammates to keep everyone on the same page.
To create a custom field
1. Select a folder or project from the left navigation panel in the workspace.
2. Switch to Table view.
3. Click the + sign that appears on the right side of the table.
4. Type in a name for your new field and press Enter on your keyboard.
5. Specify field properties on the pop-up that appears. You have options to:
- Edit the field name
- Choose a field type
- Select where to apply your custom fields
- Designate who the field should be shared with
6. Click Save.
Once you've built your custom fields, view your archive of meetings using the Table view to see all the details in a familiar spreadsheet layout.
Turn action items into tasks
- Using the action items in your meeting notes, create new tasks in relevant projects and assign them to team members with due dates.
- Include the permalink of the meeting notes task for context.
- In the meeting notes task, @mention team members assigned tasks with the link to the tasks. This provides clarity and visibility to all involved and promotes accountability to the assignee.