Innovation isn't extraordinaryanymore — it's expected. Product managers are facing saturated markets where every competitor is releasing new products and features at a quicker pace, each scrambling to beat the others to launch. Creativity is more essential than ever for product developers to capture consumers' attention, outpace the competition, and find ingenious solutions to customer needs.
Many people view creativity as a gift: either you have it, or you don't. But as this infographic shows, creative problem solving is a skill you can learn — and master.
The 9-Step Process for Creative Problem Solving
1. Identify your users' pain points.
2. Gather as much information as possible about the problem.
3. Examine the data to look for patterns.
4. Walk away. Let your subconscious form connections and find solutions.
5. Capture ideas as soon as they hit you. Once you have a handful, evaluate to choose the best one.
6. Set your solution apart from the competition. Write a value proposition that clarifies how your idea captures customers' attention more effectively.
7. Create a plan for executing your chosen idea.
8. Get to work! Time to make that idea a reality.
9. Track your results for continuous improvement.
Take a peek at the full infographic for tips on writing a Strategic Positioning Statement, the best ways to let an idea incubate, and why the best problem solvers have "T-shaped minds."