Why Should I Use Kanban Project Management Software?
When project management software helps teams organize their projects and get things done, Kanban helps them keep track of what tasks they should do and by when.
Using Kanban in your project management software can be a great way to combine the best elements of both to create a versatile work management platform that helps you get work done faster.
What are the benefits of using Kanban in project management software?
There are many benefits of using Kanban in project management. The Kanban framework fosters team collaboration, limits the work-in-progress, and helps teams gain better work visibility.
Apart from promoting continual process improvement, it enables teams to organize their work better and ensure timely deliveries of high-quality projects.
Here’s what you can do with Kanban project management software:
- Eliminate time and resources on wasteful work tasks that don’t help the project move forward
- Automate routine, manual tasks, or processes
- Discover and analyze historical data to gain valuable and actionable insights
- Focus on the critical path — essential work tasks that bring value to your customers
- Collaborate in real-time with your team whether they are in the same office or across continents
What are the key features Kanban project management software should have?
Though Kanban project management software offers diverse functionalities, you should keep an eye out for a few key features. These important Kanban project management software features are:
- Ability to customize workflows and dashboards based on team and individual needs
- Capability to limit the work-in-progress in different ways, including setting personal WIP limits, WIP per cell, and more
- Proven framework to visualize the workflow in terms of deadlines, team members, dependencies, or nature of work
- Supports implementation of feedback loops for efficient and faster work delivery (comments, mentions, email integrations)