The guide will show you how to:
- Build a request form to start creative projects
- Create a workflow and dashboards to manage incoming work
- Use a Gantt chart to visualize the project timeline and ensure alignment
Build a creative request form
Start by building a custom request form to collect all of the information needed to start your project. These details will differ depending on your organization, the request, your audience, and other factors. Try to maintain a balance between keeping the form brief enough that people will actually use it and comprehensive enough that your team gets all of the details they need. A few questions the form should answer are:
- What is being asked for?
- Why is this being asked?
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the objective?
- What is the format?
- What is the tone and message?
- What is the final deliverable?
- What is the budget and timeline?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Who gives the final OK?
To build a new request form:
- Click on your name in the top-right corner, go to Account Management, and click on the Request Forms tab on the left.
- Click + New form and give it a name.
- Click Select folder to specify where tasks associated with this request should be added.
- Click Select user and choose who the task should be assigned to.
Add fields to your form by selecting + Question. There are a number of field types available including:
- Short answer
- Date field
- File attachments
Hovering over any question brings up the Add conditional branching or assignment button. Click this button to direct users to new pages or to assign requests to specific team members.
After you've finalized your request form, click Publish to save the request and make it available to your team in the workspace. All users can then see it and use it to submit requests.
Create a Custom Workflow
Click on your name in the top-right corner and go to Account Management. Select Workflow from the menu on the left. These are the preconfigured workflows for your account. Customize them by creating new workflows or editing existing ones. By default, new tasks will be tagged with the first status in your Active group. Only tasks included in an Active group status will appear in your notifications, email digests, and searches using the default filters.
Build Custom Dashboards
When you combine custom statuses and dashboard widgets, you gain instant visibility into just the areas and processes you want to monitor. Here's how to create a useful dashboard widget using one of your custom statuses.
- Select Dashboards from the top menu.
- Click + New Widget and then + Custom Widget.
- On the filter menu on the left, click Show Workflows and select your custom workflow.
- Use the filter buttons to select the exact status and data you’d like to display.
- Repeat this to build a custom dashboard showing all of the information you’d like to see on your board.
See the project timeline
To get an overview of the project, click on the folder containing your project in the folder tree on the left, and then click on the Gantt Chart view. This displays the project and all tasks and dependencies on an interactive and dynamic timeline. You can focus on one phase or view the entire project. To adjust the length of any task, simply drag the due-date marker. Milestones are fixed and must be rescheduled independently.