The Content Marketing Institute recently held its annual conference, Content Marketing World, and also published their B2B Content Marketing Study. Some trends that became very clear from both the survey and the event.
- We’re going to be increasingly flooded with content from brands
- Content marketers will continue to hone their skills, so content will get better and better
- To stand out, your content needs to be both unique and consistently delivered
- You’ll need a management approach, tools, processes and people in place to have an effective Content Engine
To focus on the last point, and to arm your team for content marketing success, the effective management and operations of the content marketing team requires four things:
1. An Agile management approach to adjust to constantly changing demands from both internal stakeholders and customers. (See 7 Steps to Developing an Agile Marketing Team.) 2. A tool to manage communication, workflows and project management. (Learn more about Wrike for marketing team collaboration.) 3. Appropriate resources and access given to the content creators, designers and web developers to support rapid and regular content creation. 4. A collaborative relationship with the marketers who handle social media, advertising, email marketing/marketing automation.