Catered meals, in-office massages, free afternoon yoga classes... Cushy employee perks are a famous part of startup culture, especially in the tech industry of Silicon Valley.
If you're a founder looking to hire your first employees (or you're just curious about how other organizations create and sustain a unique company culture) check out the latest chatter on the craziest startup perks, which are employee favorites, and whether they actually matter when it comes to attracting and retaining top talent. (You might be surprised at the answers!)
Silicon Valley's Craziest Startup Perks
- $500 weekly drawings, laser tag, paid sabbaticals, and more killer employee perks
- 10 tons of snow? Office slip 'n slides? Why startups prioritize fun at the office
- From arcade rooms to ball pits: how successful startups mix work and play
- The most unique perks (including a custom painting of yourself as a dragon slayer)
- Employees at these famous tech companies get $2,000/year to take their paid vacations. dog-friendly offices, access to Lego play sets and trampoline parks, and so much more
- On-site car washes, haircuts, laundry, massages, live concerts, and other perks that help employees manage life outside of work
Which Corporate Perks Foster Company Culture & Attract Talent
- Which perks are actually most popular with employees?
- Which perks are considered standard, which are great, and which are over-the-top amazing?
- Morning surfing lessons, daily dog walkers, and other unique startup perks that attract the right talent
- How smaller companies are turning to personalized perks to compete with tech giants
- How to bring Silicon Valley's perks to your own office
Are Employee Perks Really Worth the Hype?
- How companies benefit from offering their employees perks
- What's the actual monetary value of all those perks to employees (and employers)?
- The downside to providing perks (yes, there is a downside... but for whom?)
- The million dollar question: do perks actually work?
Follow the DroneCo Comic for More Startup Fun
Browse previous episodes of Welcome to DroneCo in the comic archive, then subscribe to the strip to get each new episode. Click here to follow DroneCo on Twitter to keep up with the startup craziness all week long!
Share this comic on your own site with this embed code: