Contestants to be Flown to Prague to Present Enterprise Collaboration and Work Management Projects to Compete for Cash Prizes
San Jose, Calif., Sept. 3, 2019 - Wrike, the collaborative work management platform for the enterprise, today announced the finalists of the company’s inaugural “Work, Unleashed” contest. More than 200 teams registered for the contest by submitting a problem-solution project that complements or extends the Wrike platform and helps support the company’s mission to make teams more productive. Eligible finalists will be flown to Prague to present their projects in person at Wrike’s new Prague office on September 19, 2019 for a chance to take home the honor of first, second, or third place and $25,000, $10,000, or $5,000 in cash, respectively.
“Wrike has grown rapidly over the last few years and while I believe we have the absolute best R&D team, it is always important to invite fresh perspectives,” said Wrike Founder and CEO Andrew Filev. “We are very pleased with the innovative, creative thinking that came through in these submissions. The results of this contest thus far have proven that we chose the right location for our next office and the right talent pool to tap into as we continue to build out our team. I am looking forward to meeting all of the contestants in person and perhaps extending a few offers to join the Wrike team in Prague.”
The finalist teams and projects are:
- Team AO; Project: Workflow Extension - A feature enabling users to setup auto-start after prerequisite tasks have been completed.
- Team Appulate; Project: Wrike Dev Helper - A Google Chrome extension that adds Workflow automation for Dev-QA and includes features such as: the automation of status transitions; mapping and sync with Bitbucket and Github; and the ability to create tasks from templates and friendly permalinks.
- Team Boars; Project: Wrike Google Assistant - A voice assistant tool enabling easy task creation and flexible interactions via the Wrike platform.
- Team Jiří z Poděbrad (JZP); Project: Find the Best Spot - A web application that helps Wrike users find the optimal working location with statistics per location based on various metrics.
- Team SMMBuilder; Project: SMMBuilder - An application that unites all social network accounts in one convenient dashboard for better social media task-tracking.
- Team Tensy; Project: exTensy - A Google Chrome extension that escalates collaboration by providing teams with the capability to discuss any task via webRTC video chat right on the Wrike platform.
- Team The Botas; Project: Wrike Task Handler - A plug-in for IntelliJ designed to help developers working with Wrike as their project management tool, allowing users to manage Wrike tasks within the IDE.
- Team The Pride; Project: Wrike IBM BPM - An extension that integrates and synchronizes tasks between Wrike and IBM BPM.
- Team WrikeMeeting; Project: WrikeMeeting - A productivity application that sets up tasks specific to meeting objectives during meetings via voice command. The app will automatically create tasks and assign them to corresponding individuals with a simple click or voice command.
Finalists were selected based on six criteria: utility, code quality, innovativeness, completeness, technical difficulty, and design. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges, which includes: Wrike Vice President of International Sales and General Manager of EMEA Patricia DuChene, Wrike Vice President of Product Alexey Korotich, and Wrike Vice President of Engineering Yuri Golikov. The prize fund for the contest totals nearly $100,000 and the top 20 teams (excluding top three teams) will receive $200 gift cards. For more information on the Work, Unleashed contest, please visit: https://learn.wrike.com/wrike-work-unleashed-contest/.