Ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of information you have about your customers? Their age, occupation, location, favorite breakfast cereal...what does it all mean? How do you use your learnings to improve your product, service, or business?
There are many tools and tips available to help you learn as much as possible about the buyer's journey — from awareness to purchase. But what do you do with the information when you get it? How do you utilize customer insights to provide improved services? This is where effective campaign management comes in.Campaign management tools help teams to organize successful marketing campaigns. Gather all necessary campaign requirements, involve relevant team members and stakeholders in an accessible workspace, and monitor assigned tasks to complete the campaign successfully with the right campaign management software.
What is campaign management?
Campaign management is the process of organizing, segmenting, targeting, and managing multichannel marketing messages, files, and assets. It is the planning, execution, tracking, and analysis of a marketing initiative, sometimes centered on a new product launch or an event.
Campaigns typically involve multiple pushes to potential buyers (called prospects) through email, social media, surveys, print materials, giveaways, and other methods and channels. The right campaign management software helps you understand your customers, which helps you position your brand and messaging to provide better products and services.
Your customers are a summation of what you're doing right and who your business resonates with. Using robust campaign management software that acts as a CRM, provides real-time information about your prospects, and tracks your marketing campaigns can be the driving force in improving MQL numbers and achieving your marketing goals.
Why invest in a campaign management system?
A robust campaign management system enables you to create and implement replicable processes to run successful marketing campaigns.
A campaign manager's role is to integrate data on the target market with existing data about customers to drive effective marketing campaigns. These duties include writing and editing campaign copy, managing implementation, ensuring consistent brand messaging, and providing results and analytics after the campaign is complete.
Campaign management software helps you achieve all this and avoid mistakes and delays by breaking down the campaign into smaller tasks, assigning these to relevant team members, and monitoring the campaign's progress throughout its duration. Excellent campaign management systems include deliverables submission guidelines, quality and performance measures, and precise timelines to handle task dependencies.
Marketers and campaign managers who plan projects proactively are 356% more likely to report success. This reveals how important it is to invest in the best campaign management software in order to achieve a positive ROI on your marketing campaigns.
Useful features to check for in your campaign management software
Before you close this tab and start researching the best campaign management tools to kickstart your next project, it is essential to keep these factors in mind. Here are five useful features to check for in your campaign management software.
- Campaign management software that is easy for team members to adopt
It is important to find a tool that is easy to train others on and use on your marketing team. Some campaign tracking tools have all the needed features but require hours of training.
- Campaign management software that includes lead management
Campaign management software that offers lead management allows you to value your prospects based on their readiness to buy. This leaves the sales team to focus their efforts on the best opportunities. Good campaign management software does the leg work for you to qualify which prospects have the highest propensity to buy, so you can tailor your marketing message accordingly.
- Campaign management software that enables multichannel marketing automation Gone are the days of one-message call-to-action lines across all marketing channels. Today's customers are smart and no longer fall for messages that are spammy or unnatural to the platforms where you share them. You need a campaign management system that allows you to organize communications with prospects and customers on multiple channels. Whether it's texting, social media, or live chat — you want to be where your customers are.
- Campaign management software that includes content marketing functionalities Companies need resources to develop compelling content that will drive people to their websites through different channels. You need campaign management software that allows you to reuse content across several campaigns and repurpose content across various channels.
- Campaign management software that includes easy-to-use analytics
These other features are nothing without measurement and analysis. It is crucial to evaluate the success of your campaigns and learn more about your audience from each. Analytics tell you what messaging is working and how your customers respond to your campaigns. This data is vital for the sales team, as they need to work in sync with Marketing to make sure all messaging is consistent and on-brand.
Campaign management system features you can use in Wrike
Wrike provides an effective campaign management software tool for marketing campaigns of any size. From planning to execution and analysis, Wrike makes it easy for you to handle all aspects of campaign management. Below are the most important campaign management features you can use in Wrike.
Make sure to take advantage of the free Wrike marketing campaign management template to get started quickly and set the base for effective campaign management planning.
- Manage campaigns easily. With Wrike, you can have all your campaign-relevant conversations, files, assets, feedback, and even project versions on one platform. This helps avoid lost emails and incomplete conversations on various communication channels. When you store your assets, have conversations, and manage project success, all on one platform, you are more likely to ace campaign management. Wrike goes beyond assigning tasks to your internal marketing team. The campaign management software enables you to grant access to clients, subject matter experts, and other external stakeholders by granting access roles with the right amount of visibility into the project.
- Manage your timeline. One study found that 52% of marketing firms frequently miss deadlines — and they admit that a lot of that comes back to flawed collaboration and general chaos. Wrike's Gantt Charts give you a bird's-eye view of your campaign timeline. If you extend one task deadline, all tasks dependent on it are automatically pushed forward without any additional effort from you. You can also use Wrike Reports to keep a close eye on overdue tasks.
- Build on templates. Every marketing campaign is different. But there are commonalities, especially when it comes to how your organization plans and organizes certain marketing campaigns. Starting from scratch over and over again, only wastes time and energy. Wrike provides a marketing campaign management template that helps you proactively plan better campaigns and set yourself and your team up for success.
- Receive and respond to feedback. Throughout your campaign management project, you want to quickly collect and act on feedback from team members and stakeholders. You can set up notifications and subtasks to ask for and implement feedback efficiently. A marketing campaign often has numerous revisions and stakeholders involved, and you want to ensure you have these organized within the project so that you act on all feedback and don't miss anything. Using Wrike as your campaign management software, you can assign collecting feedback as a recurring subtask and tag relevant team members easily for input on any task.
In summary, using Wrike as your campaign management system enables you to:
- Gather insights from subject matter experts and team members
- Create a new project specifically for your marketing campaign
- Add tasks and subtasks that must be completed to move the campaign along
- Assign team members and a due date to each task and subtask
- Gather feedback from relevant team members and stakeholders
- Manage task dependencies with one-click
- Monitor progress smoothly by pulling weekly project status reports
- Integrate with file storage apps enabling team members and stakeholders to access shared files and assets within Wrike.
The best campaign management software gives you a bird's-eye perspective of your entire campaign. This can significantly reduce the stress of managing a marketing campaign and help you perform effectively. The right campaign management tool starts you off on the right path. Have a campaign management project looming ahead? Get started with a two-week free trial of Wrike today.