“Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” – Leo Burnett
According to our , developing creative, innovative campaigns that stand out in the market is the number one challenge for marketers today. Although this makes creative professionals highly sought after, it adds a sense of urgency and underscores the need for effective collaboration across all the departments that work with creatives.
We surveyed creative teams of all sizes and asked about their biggest challenges, struggles with collaboration, and how they manage their work. We found that generally, most requests are given at random, too much feedback is a hindrance, and . Take a look at some of our other key findings:
- 82% of creatives spend at least 25% of their time managing projects vs. doing creative work
- Only 48% of creatives always complete projects on time
- Only 26% of respondents have a standardized and consistent review/approval process
- Top 3 collaboration challenges:
1. Too much feedback from too many people
2. Incoming requests make it difficult to prioritize
3. Not provided with enough information to begin work
Take a look at our latest Slideshare highlighting the 4 biggest challenges for creative teams:
Are you a part of a creative team?
Share some of your biggest challenges in the comments.
Learn how to grow your internal creative team with our free eBook: