It's the day before Christmas and all through the hall,
Not a worker is working, they're home one and all.
Yet here is our Roundup, it will never fail.
Cause when you're done feasting, you'll check your email. ;)
We hope you've subscribed to our blog's daily feed
So you get our blog posts — "Hey, a new thing to read!"
If it helps you work better, our job here is done.
So Happy Holidays to everyone!
7 Productivity Beliefs You Should Ignore (Fast Company): The problem with a lot of the productivity advice you read online? It's never a one-size-fits-all solution. Here are 7 productivity myths that experts say we should avoid, and why.
How to Avoid the Most Costly Onboarding Mistakes (Entrepreneur): Matt Straz outlines four of the most expensive onboarding mistakes, including how to fix them in order to get the most from new hires.
How Product Hunt Really Works (Medium): One entrepreneur shares his personal research into successfully launching on Product Hunt. According to him, it's not the number of votes your product gets, it's still who you know.
A Manager at Google Wrote the Perfect Email on Time Management (theHustle.com): An important reminder to all knowledge workers: you have to carve out deep pockets of quiet work time (aka "Make Time") on your calendar. Or else you'll be in meetings all day.
More Work Management Reads
Go Try This:
- How to Make Every Piece of Content SEO Friendly (Content Marketing Institute)
- 17 Productivity Tools Inbound Marketers Need (Sea Monster Marketing)
- How To Get The First 1,000 Users For Your Startup (Roy Povarchik)
- Sally Hogshead on How To Be Fascinating (Entrepreneur On Fire Podcast)
Think About This:
- Why We Unsubscribed 250K People From HubSpot's Marketing Blog & Started Sending Less Email (Hubspot)
- Launching a Google App the Startup Way (Medium)
- Working Remotely: More Efficient or More Distracting? (Smarter Office Blog)
- The Uberization of Work...And How Businesses Can Leverage it to Scale Faster and Smarter (Cloud Factory)
Browse The Work Management Roundup on Flipboard
If you use Flipboard on your mobile device, then you can check out these links via The Work Management Roundup magazine.