Before we say “goodbye” to 2019 and ring in 2020, we wanted to take a look at the past year’s highlights and extend our thanks to the customers, partners, and Wrikers who made it an outstanding year! Without further ado...
- January 29, 2019 – We kicked the year off by revealing the initial results of our employee happiness survey series. Over the course of the year, the Wrike Happiness Index uncovered several key findings, including:
- Compensation, benefits, and perks: Happier employees ranked doing meaningful work as the most important factor to workplace happiness, and 62% have taken a pay cut to find happiness in another role at some point in their careers.
- Workspaces and collaboration habits: 11% of employees now work in the once ubiquitous cubicle, and 33% work in non-traditional settings, such as a hot desk in a shared space or remotely. Additionally, 25% of employees lack the option to work remotely, and they’re 87% more likely to be unhappy at work.
- March 14, 2019 – We enhanced our enterprise-level security settings with the availability of Wrike Lock and Customized Access Roles, as well as five other new security features, including cloud access security broker (CASB) integration support. We also earned the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification from the British Standards Institution. Together, these help remove security barriers preventing enterprise companies from adopting a cloud-based collaborative work management platform.
- March 27, 2019 – We gave a DAM and partnered with digital asset management (DAM) company MediaValet to help marketers and designers bring together the best digital asset and project management tools and streamline creative workflows.
- April 23, 2019 – We launched two significant product updates: Spaces and Wrike Integrate. Spaces makes Wrike the only CWM platform with configurable, unique workspaces for teams and individuals where they can securely access the information and tools most relevant to them. Wrike Integrate supercharges productivity and collaboration at scale by automating complex workflows across teams, people, and applications and providing highly customized integrations with both cloud and on-premises apps.
- May 14, 2019 – Our Founder and CEO Andrew Filev was named a finalist in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award in Northern California for his excellence in areas such as innovation, performance, and personal commitment to teams and communities.
- May 22, 2019 – Hello, Japan! We were proud to cut the ribbon on a new office in Tokyo. With more than 700 customers in Japan, we opened our doors with 10 employees and a goal to create 50 additional jobs in the next few years. To further support the Japanese market, we signed on as a participant in Telework Days, a “Work Style Reform” initiative to effectively enable teleworking.
- June 13, 2019 – Our CEO does it again! Filev was proudly selected as a “40 Under 40” honoree by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- June 24, 2019 – Our employees love us! We were awarded a Top Workplaces 2019 honor by The Bay Area News Group for the fifth year in a row.
- June 25, 2019 – We continued to expand our global presence and opened a new office in Prague, Czech Republic, which will become our central European development hub. Our offices are now represented in six countries across four continents!
- September 10, 2019 – We launched our Work Management Proficiency Index to identify the primary barriers that prevent organizations from advancing in work management proficiency and offer action plans to accelerate outcomes.
- September 17, 2019 – We were named a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Project Portfolio Management for the second time.
- September 30 - October 2, 2019 – Our annual user conference Wrike Collaborate was held in Nashville and welcomed more than 500 attendees this year.
- October 1, 2019 – We introduced new vertical solutions (Wrike for Marketers Performance, Wrike for Professional Services, and Wrike for Professional Services Performance) and analytics capabilities (Wrike Analyze) on the first day of Wrike Collaborate.
- October 22 - 23, 2019 – We hosted our first European user conference in London.
- November 4, 2019 – We joined the LaunchPoint, by Marketo, an Adobe company partner program as an Accelerate partner. This alliance strengthens our new vertical solution – Wrike for Marketers Performance – ensuring campaign performance data is linked to specific projects and tasks within Wrike.
- November 7, 2019 – For the fifth consecutive year, we made it on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 List. We’ve seen a 336% increase in revenue from 2015 to 2018 fueled by greater enterprise adoption and expansion into new markets.
- November 18, 2019 – We were ranked a “Top Workplace” by the San Diego Union-Tribune. Want to join our team in San Diego? Visit our Careers page!
- December 3, 2019 – To round out a great year of accolades, we were recognized as a “Leader” in Aragon Research’s inaugural Globe report for Digital Work Hubs!
To top it off, we surpassed 20,000 customers and 1,000 employees! Want to take a dive into other fun stats? Check out our 2019 by the numbers.
It was an incredible year, and it’ll only get better. We have set ambitious goals for 2020, so stay tuned!