Brainstorming. It's been something ingrained as necessary in order to generate new ideas since we were kids. "Time to brainstorm your next science project." "Let's get together and brainstorm some ideas on why Elizabeth can't stand Mr. Darcy." Brainstorming has been done to death. So much so, that managers have forgotten why we even brainstorm in the first place. Most managers believe it's just the first step to generating the next great idea. And if that great idea doesn't happen? Then they'll take the next best concept and move on.
The Origin of Brainstorming
- Defer judgement: don't point fingers when bad ideas are presented
- Reach for quantity: focus on the quantity of ideas over quality
The Rules of Brainstorming
Other Brainstorming Resources
- - Looking for some more brainstorming ground rules? Check out some of these helpful tips.
- - If you don't have time to meet up in person, it might be better to take it online.
- - It's not all about following the guidelines for a successful brainstorming session. Check out some of these tips for boosting creativity.