Welcome to week 2 of our new Friday habit: the Work Management Roundup. We're sharing a handful of must-read links from around the web that will give you ideas to improve your habits, increase your productivity, and make work less tiresome. Read on:
- Vaynerchuk Says Face-to-Face Meetings Aren't Dead: Even with advanced technology available, face-to-face meetings convey more information and energy than a video conference call. That's why in-person meetings aren't going away anytime soon, as Gary Vaynerchuk claims. If your team relies on virtual meetings to function, it may be time to invest in some better video conferencing apps.
- The 6-Month Rule: According to this musician-turned-entrepreneur, it takes 6 months to master a new musical technique. The same thing goes for mastering a new skill that might just give you a competitive edge in your professional life. So, keep at it!
- Notebook Hacks & Communicating with Visuals: Here's a cool system for maximizing your paper journal if you prefer Moleskine (or similar) notebooks, handwritten notes, and to-do lists. And don't be afraid to include your doodles! Author Dan Roam has been telling us for years that humans communicate better with visuals.
- 300 Free Resources: Ever asked yourself if there's a free service that can do X? Well, head on over to this ultimate list of 300 free tools for everything from social media and productivity to logo design, stock photography, and education.
More Work Management Must-Reads
- Using the ONE GOAL Strategy to Set Goals Once and Focus on Them Constantly (Medium)
- How Tracking What I Do Every Day Led to a Better Work/Life Balance (Lifehacker)
- Pursue Metrics that Matter (Cal Newport)
- This is How Men and Women Handle Email Differently (Esquire)
- When to Quit a Project... or a Career (99U)
Follow Marketing Speak on Flipboard
If you enjoy this roundup, we compile links to marketing articles all week long on Flipboard. Follow our Marketing Speak magazine to get access to more must-reads.