Friday is finally here, and with just one week left before Christmas/Winter Holidays, we're bringing you the Work Management Roundup filled with articles not just regarding productivity and working smart, but also thankfulness and team-building. Thanks for coming back every week to read our roundup. It's our privilege to share our favorite links and advice with you. Enjoy!
Show Your Appreciation by Changing Just One Word (James Clear): 'Tis the season to be thankful! A really short read by entrepreneur James Clear on how to exercise gratitude. It may just change your (work) life.
Why I Don’t Want My Startup to ‘Go Viral’ (Observer): Laura Roeder shares a common problem she sees in startups: thinking that a viral loop can be planned. Doesn't work that way. You have to put in the hard work and find the right marketing to grow your user base.
The Ultimate Guide To Winning Your White Elephant Gift Exchange Using Game Theory (FiveThirtyEight Life): Since it's holiday party time, chances are you're having some type of gift swap game. Thanks to Ben Casselman, here's a surefire decision-making system that will allow you to get (or steal) the best gift every time.
8 Team Building Exercises That Rock (Slideshare): And just in case you feel the gift swap is too outdated, you may want to peruse our Slideshare for 8 team games that you can play at the holiday party this year.
How I Learned to Suck Less at GTD (Todoist): If you've ever tried the Getting Things Done productivity system and failed to maintain it, you may want to try these two tips that were written for the average disorganized Joe.
5 Ways to Winterize Your Cubicle (Payscale): It's cold, we know! (At least it is for us here in northern California!) But there are concrete steps you can take to make your work area much less wintery and much more comfy. Our favorite tip: sip hot water to keep you warm.
More Work Management Reads
Think About This:
- The Startup Framework to Validate Your Idea Before You Spend $1 (Medium)
- Information Overload Causes Fatigue Among Smartphone Users (Infographic)(Adweek)
- The 9 Email Mistakes That Make People Ignore Your Messages (Fast Company)
- Drinking Alcohol Will Not Help You Feel Warmer (Mythbusters)
Go Try This:
- How to Work From Home Without Losing Your Mind (Entrepreneur)
- 9 Ways to Start a Conversation With Someone at a Networking Event (Hustle + Grind)
- 9 Ways to Make Sure You Run Effective Meetings (Infographic) (Wrike)
- How To Sleep Better: 16 Proven Tactics You Can Use Tonight (Mintfull)
Browse The Work Management Roundup on Flipboard
If you use Flipboard on your mobile device, then you can check out these links via The Work Management Roundup magazine.