It's Friday! Time for the weekly Work Management Roundup, where we pull together recently published articles on productivity, work, and killer strategies to level up your awesomeness. Without further ado, here are this week's suggestions:
Tutorials You Need to ReadHow to Cure Procrastination by Harnessing Temptations (Fast Company): By bundling an indulgent behavior with a productive behaviorwriting emails that get you a response, whether it's about a job, or you're pitching your guest blog post. Also, a reminder that a cool resume alone won't get you a job — a relationship does. How to Use Brain Dumps to Free Your Brain's Hidden Productivity Powers (Fast Company): Your brain was meant to solve problems, not hold endless lists of data, reminders, and to-do items. Here's how doing a brain dump can jumpstart creativity and make you more productive. How to Do a 30-Second Exercise That Will Improve Your Posture (James Clear): It's called the Thoracic Bridge. It's designed for people who stare at a screen all day, and it will immediately make your back, shoulders, and hips feel better without needing any equipment.
Facts You May Not KnowAmericans Use Electronic Media 11+ Hours a Day (Statista): Did you know? According to Nielsen's Total Audience Report, Americans aged 18 and older spend more than 11 hours a day watching TV, listening to the radio, or using smartphones and other electronic devices. Maybe it's time to scale back? The No. 1 Predictor of Career Success According to Network Science (Medium): According to multiple research studies, simply being in an open network instead of a closed one is the best predictor of career success.
More Work Management Must-Reads:
- Use These 4 Tools for Entrepreneurs to Improve Your Business (Susan Gilbert)
- Rookie Designer Podcast #145 – On Procrastination (Rookie Designer)
- 15 Free (and Almost Free) Tools Freelancers Need to be Using (Responsive Design Blog)
- What's Something I Can Do Right Now to Increase My Productivity? (Quora)
- 33 Websites That Will Make You a Genius (Medium)
- How to Make Stress Work in Your Favor (Fast Company)
- The Tools We Use for Transparency (SumAll)
- Think You're a Workaholic? Take This Quiz (TheMuse)