As the world of marketing continues to expand and the user experience becomes an increasingly critical focus for businesses everywhere, marketing operations and marketing technology (a.k.a., MarTech) become crucial areas to focus on. What better way to stay on top of this subject than by reading the thought leadership of the bloggers in the space? Here is our list of 7 MarTech blogs you should be reading:
1. Marketing Land's Martech Today:
Run by Matt McGee and the same team that produces Search Engine Land, Marketing Land reports on everything marketing-related. But it is Marketing Land's MarTech Today channel that falls within the scope of this post. The channel is well-stocked and updated daily with the latest in the marketing technology space.
- Mobile Marketer FollowAnalytics Follows The Trend Toward Messaging “Moments”
- Marketer’s Guide: B2B Marketing Automation Platforms
2. Brian Solis:
Brian Solis, futurist and digital analyst at Altimeter Group, studies the effects of disruptive technology on business and even society in general. His posts may tackle marketing and disruptors in the MarTech space, but will also touch on the customer experience, and Silicon Valley behind-the-scenes.
- How To Unify Your Sales, Service and Marketing Departments Around Customer Experience
- Wolfpack App is a Mobile Social Nichework for Guys to be Guys – Is this the Dawn of Social Nicheworks?
3. Marketing TechBlog:
The Marketing TechBlog run by the team at DK New Media and founded by Douglas Karr, is another news source that covers a wide range of topics — from advertising and analytics to automation, mobile, ecommerce, and much more.
- Including Instagram Photos Increased Email Engagement 7x
- 10 Essentials Elements for Efficient Content Production
4. Chief Marketing Technologist Blog:
Written and edited by Scott Brinker, this blog was started in 2008 back before MarTech was a common term. Check out the breadth of coverage in the blog's archives and you'll see how much the space has grown, and how Brinkner has consistently been at the forefront of discussions involving data software and marketing/sales.
- The 5 digital dynamics that are transforming marketing
- Marketing isn’t alone — HR software landscape with 547 products
5. Inspire MarTech:
This is the blog of digital evangelist Mayur Gupta, who was one of the first high-profile marketing technologists at major brand Kimberly Clark. Aside from being at the forefront of discussions related to marketing technology for the past decade or so, he's also passionate about the usage of Agile methods within marketing organizations.
- Consumer – The Missing Seat in the C-Suite
- Data Convergence – The Marketing Glue For The Omni-Channel Reality
6. The Hub: The Marketing Technology Resource:
While the other blogs have categories for everything MarTech-related, The Hub limits its "channels" to six: customer experience, marketing cloud, social media, analytics, mobile, and content marketing. But that's not to say they cover less. At least twice a month, they release podcasts as well. They also have a long-running feature called "Five Minutes With..." where they interview other marketing thought leaders. They do a good job of profiling companies in their space as well.
7. MarTech Advisor:
The blog touts itself as the world's leading source for marketing technology news, research, product comparisons, and expert views. And they don't kid around. This is the go-to source for news on technology and tools for sales and marketing professionals. Their blog post categories are exhaustive and cover everything from AdTech to social media, content marketing, event marketing, and email marketing.
- Ensure These Measures to Avoid Failure of Your Content Marketing Plan
- Why Remarketing is Highly Effective
A final tip:
Subscribe to the email newsletters of the blogs you like so you get updates directly to your inbox. And if you're concerned about inbox bloat, use Unroll.me to compile all your marketing-related newsletters into one.