Welcome back to the weekly Work Management Roundup where we share the latest, greatest reads from the web regarding work and productivity. This week we find Buffer doing something innovative regarding worker compensation, we learn more about Uber's recent rebrand, and we discover a reason some people hate open office layouts: germs. Read on for the good stuff!
Why We Support Teammates with Dependents (and Why it’s No Longer Part of our Salary Formula) (Medium): Buffer started out paying teammates more money if they have dependents or family members who rely upon their income. But after receiving feedback, they've instead created a new "dependents grant" as a part of their benefits package. How's that for a perk?
Seven Strategies For Managing Remote Tech Talent (Forbes): Seven members of the Forbes Technology Council share their best advice for getting the most out of your remote team. Tip: get the right tools and have the right processes in place.
Is Your Open Office Making You Sick? (Motherboard): Sure, open offices are not always ideal for quiet productivity, but are they also inadvertently harming our health? According to a few published studies, yes! They're associated with employees getting sick more often.
The Inside Story of Uber’s Radical Rebranding (Wired): It's the story that's all over this week's news in the Silicon Valley. Uber's CEO personally took it upon himself to rebrand their logo and portray the evolution of both the founder and the company. The big question that remains: does the logo communicate the brand?
7 Pieces of Wisdom That Will Change the Way You Work (99U): Here's a great piece — seven gems of wisdom regarding work from such luminaries as Kurt Vonnegut, Martha Graham, and Steven Pressfield.
More Work Management Reads
Think About This:
- Ask the Market Experts: How Do You Stay Productive and Mindful? (Business.com)
- 26 Blogging Mistakes That Are Costing You Time, Money, and Credibility (ProBlogger)
- The Biggest Wastes of Time We Regret When We Get Older (LifeHacker)
- Siri, Alexa, and Other Virtual Assistants Put to the Test (The New York Times)
Go Try This:
- The Power of Power Naps: Salvador Dalí Teaches You How Micro-Naps Can Give You Creative Inspiration (Open Culture)
- Running a Remote Blog Network? Streamline Your Processes With Wrike (Blogging Pro)
Browse Productivity Works on Flipboard
If you use Flipboard on your laptop or mobile to keep up with news, then you may enjoy our magazine full of productivity advice. Check out Productivity Works, or click on the widget below: