Regular and external users on Enterprise subscriptions can track time for tasks. Learn more about the Enterprise plan here.
Manually add a time log entry or use Wrike’s task timer to have Wrike keep track of time for you (just hit play or pause whenever you want to start or stop the timer).
- When the task timer is on or paused you will see a play button at the top of the Workspace (to the left of the Notification Center icons).
- When you begin using the timer, it will continue running until it is paused or until you begin tracking time for another task. The timer continues running even if you close your browser window.
- You can only track time for one task at a time. If the task timer is already tracking time for one task and you try to begin tracking time for another task: Wrike automatically pauses tracking time on the current task and begins tracking time on the new task.
Manually Add a Time Entry
- Open a task in the Task View.
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the play button 1 (located above the task’s description field).
- Enter the number of hours or minutes 2 which you worked on the task.
- Add a comment 3 describing what you were working on (optional).
- Click “Add entry”.
Track Time Using the Timer
Begin Tracking Time
- Open a task in the Task View
- Click the play button (located above the task’s description field)
Wrike will begin tracking the time spent on the task and an entry is added to activity streams to signal that you began working on the task. At the top of the screen you will see a timer indicating how much time has been spent on the task. Please note, time is tracked in hours and minutes, not seconds.
Stop Tracking Time
- Click the pause button (located at the top of the screen to the left of the Notification Center icons)
When you click pause, you will have the option to add a time log entry. Click “Add entry”, add a comment describing what you were working on (optional), and then click “Add entry” to add the entry to the Time Log. Alternatively, you can pause the timer and continue working without adding a time log entry. If you do this, you can restart the timer at any point by:
- clicking the play button from the Task View
- clicking the dropdown arrow to the right of the play button at the top of the screen, selecting the appropriate task from the dropdown list, and then clicking play