- Attach a File
- Edit Attached Files
- Create a Google Drive File from Wrike
- Download Attachments
- Delete Attachments
Give teammates easy access to relevant documents by attaching files directly to your Wrike Tasks, Folders, or Projects. Once a file is attached you can hover your mouse over the attachment (in the Activity Stream, or in Task, Folder, or Project) and you will see options to:
- Edit the attachment 1 using Wrike’s Document Editor, which lets you edit the document without downloading it to a computer
- Download the attachment 2 to your computer
- Delete the attachment 3 by clicking the recycle bin icon
- Open the Task, Folder, or Project where you would like to attach the file. If you are attaching a file to a Folder or Project: select the appropriate Folder or Project and then open the Folder or Project info panel. 1
- In Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers you can select the file you would like to attach and drag-and-drop it to the bottom of the Task, Folder, or Project where you would like to attach it (the area will turn green to indicate you can drop the file there). 2
- Alternatively, you can click “Attach files” 3 and select where you would like to attach a file from: your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or OneDrive*
- Select your file and press “Ok” to upload it.
- Once the files are uploaded, they appear below the description 4 and become available to the team members who are shared on the Task, Folder, or Project.
*Please note, if this is your first time attaching a file from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or OneDrive, you will be asked to sign in to that account first. Once the file is uploaded you (and others shared on the task) will be able to access up-to-date file versions.
If attached files are of .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt, and .pptx formats you can preview them directly in Wrike via Box View, just click on a file and it will open in a preview view.
Wrike’s Document Editor allows Windows and Mac users to easily edit files without having to download and reupload them.
Before proceeding: the first time you click the edit attachment icon, you will be prompted to download and install Wrike’s Document Editor. The file editing option is available for all Microsoft Office or OpenOffice documents, Adobe Photoshop files, PDF files, and images files (PNG and JPEG).
Edit an attached file using Wrike’s Document Editor
- Hover your mouse over an attached file in the Activity Stream, in a folder, or in a task and a set of icons will appear 1
- Click the pen icon 2
- Your file will open in the default program for that file type
- Edit your file as you normally would
- When you save your document and close the window a new version of your file is automatically uploaded to Wrike
Please note, files that are uploaded from a cloud storage platform (such as Google Drive) can be edited using the storage platform’s own editing tools. To edit this type of file just click on the file attachment in Wrike and then begin editing the document.
Upload a new version of the file
To help you collaborate with your team, Wrike keeps track of file versions.
To upload a new file version from your computer:
- Hover your mouse over an attached file in the Activity Stream or in a Task, Folder, or Task 1 and a set of icons will appear
- Click the “New version” link 2
- Select the file you would like to upload
- Wrike automatically renames the file you are uploading to match the existing file’s name
- The file is uploaded and Wrike starts keeping track of which file version you are on 3
Click the dropdown arrow 3 next to the file’s version number to view previous file versions. You can click on a previous version to download it.
To create a Google Drive file from Wrike:
- Open the Task, Folder, or Project where you would like to create and attach the file
- Click on “Attach files” 1
- Hover over “From Google Drive” 2
- Select “Create new file”* 3
- In the pop-up that appears 4 choose what type of file you would like to create: a document, spreadsheet, or presentation
- Enter a name for your file and click “Create” 5
- Your newly created document will appear as a new window
- Add information to your file and close the window whenever you are ready
- Your file is now attached to the Task, Folder, or Project which you created it from in Wrike. All users who have access to the Task, Folder, or Project will be able to access the file.
*Please note, if this is your first time adding or creating Google Drive files from Wrike you will be prompted to enter your Google Drive credentials and grant Wrike access to your Google Drive files.
If the Task, Folder, or Project where you create your Google Drive file is shared with someone who has a Google account, then your file is automatically shared with that person in Google Drive. To unshare the file, you’ll need to first unshare the current task in your Wrike workspace and then do the same in your Google account.
To download individual attachments:
- Hover your mouse over an attached file in the Activity Stream, in a folder, or in a task 1 and a set of icons will appear
- Click the icon with the down arrow to download the file to your computer 2
To download all attachments:
- Open the Task, Folder, or Project from where you would like to download attachments
- Hover your mouse over the right-hand side of the attachments section and a “Download all” icon will appear 3
- Click on the icon and all files will automatically begin downloading
To delete individual attachments:
- Hover your mouse over an attached file in the Activity Stream, or in a Task, Folder, or Project 1 and a set of icons will appear
- Click the recycle bin icon 2 to delete the attachment
To delete all attachments:
- Open the Task, Folder, or Project where you would like to delete attachments
- Click on the “Expand” dropdown 3 on the right-hand side of the attachments section
- Click “Delete all” 4
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to delete all the attachments. Click “yes” to proceed and all of the downloads will be deleted.